Photography has been a love of mine for a long time. I’ve always looked for creative outlets, but also really fascinated by technical stuff and photography has been such a great way to put those two passions together. I have a BS in Photography and have been shooting weddings since 2012. I love the unique creative and technical challenges that come from shooting weddings and show up enthusiastic and ready to go for each and every wedding or engagement session. We limit the number of weddings we take on so we have the energy to bring our A game to every single one.
- I almost went to culinary school and cooking makes me happy. I love cooking all sorts of stuff but right now I'm on a serious Bon Appétit kick.
- I love reading science fiction and fantasy; I’m in the middle of re-reading the 14 book series The Wheel of Time, and it is awesome.
- Our 5 year old son is the best and brings so much joy to Jana and I. The other day he asked why puppies are so cute, and wanted to know whether or not dragons swim. Asking the tough questions…
- Star Trek: The Next Generation is the best.
- Edward Weston is one of my favorite photographers, and his work proves that it’s always possible to be creative and unique even when the subject matter is a totally ordinary everyday object you've seen a thousand times.
- I spend way too much time on reddit.
- If you think about it, Grandpa Joe from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a real asshole.
"My husband and I just got back our wedding photos and they were everything we imagined & more. We would have expected nothing less of Alex though. He was professional and on top of things the whole way through." - Kristen M.
"Alex was absolutely amazing to work with! He is super fun and easy to get along with and really makes you feel at ease! We are seriously in love with our wedding photos, Alex did a fantastic job and really captured our big day perfectly! We absolutely recommend Alex and Jana photography and would give 10 stars if we could!" - Nola G.
"Booking Alex was the BEST decision we ever made for our wedding!! He was so incredibly easy to work with and made us so comfortable!" - Colbey N.
"Alex was our wedding photographer and we absolutely loved him and his fabulous pictures!! The pictures he took are so magical. He captured so many amazing moments, and we never ever felt like we were posing. It was all very organic and natural. I loved the way he worked! The family photo shoot ahead of the ceremony was also very relaxed and easy. And all the candid shots were so great. Alex really marked the day for us in a way we will never forget, and I can't recommend him enough." - Sarah L.